Designing strategies that deliver
In a world of ever tightening resources and continuing demand for public services, every organisation needs to think strategically about where it is going and what it needs to achieve. And yet thinking strategically in the public and not for profit sectors is not always easy and strategies have often failed to deliver real results or attract real commitment from partners. Why does this happen and how can we tackle it?
Jan Polley, owner of Polley Solutions, has spent the last 6 years designing and delivering open and bespoke training courses and working with single clients to address these very issues. She uses her knowledge of strategy development techniques and strategic thinking tools, as well as 25 years experience of actually developing and trying to deliver strategies in the public sector, to help clients understand what works and what doesn’t and the particular requirements of delivering strategies in a public sector environment.
Services offered include:
- Training courses on the tools and techniques required to develop strategies giving participants an opportunity to practice using case studies (1 or 2 day courses or split into several ½ day modules).
- Training courses for staff about to develop their own strategy using their own topic as the case study (1 or 2 day courses).
- Bespoke support, facilitation and advice designed to build the capability of an in-house team as they design their own strategy or review an existing one.
- Training or facilitation for board members or trustees on the role of governors in the development and implementation of a strategy
- Facilitated workshops to support joint strategy development with delivery partners and stakeholders.
Recent or current clients include:
- National School of Government
(provided more than 50 national training workshops for the School over the last 5 years)
- Non Ministerial Departments
- Executive Agencies
- Central Government Departments